What are the best tips for doing well on a NYPD Oral Psychological Interview?
- Cooperate by arriving on time and being properly dressed.
- Show respect for the psychologist by addressing them as “Doctor” not Chief, Boss, Pal or Buddy which will get you disqualified for showing disrespect during an interview.
- Realize that the interview can be aggressive and your answers will be challenged. The psychologist may loop back and repeat prior questions to ensure you are being consistent in your answers.
- Be forthcoming because deceptive answers can be more damaging than revealing answers that you think are problematic.
- At the end of the interview you will be asked to provide authorizations for your school, medical and other records, and if those documents contain information contradicting your answers you can expect a negative result.
Candidates may have an overflowing inbox with 25, 50 or 100 emails a day, but if you miss a Notice of Proposed Disqualification (NOPD) email for a NYPD psychological disqualification or a Notice of Disqualification (NOD) and you do not respond within 30 days, your appeal may be dismissed.
Candidates may claim, “I never got it!”, but evidence can be submitted with the day, date and time the email was sent.
The best advice is to check your email inbox or spam folder very carefully EVERY DAY. Failure to do so will prevent you from getting appointed to the job after spending 40-50 hours in applicant processing.
Another tip may be to set up an email filter to have your email provider separate the emails into a separate folder.
Case dismissals are occurring more frequently, so you must pay close attention in order to prevent negative results.
I am a successful civil service attorney with 18 years of experience. I have many clients currently working as Police Officers because I helped them win their disqualification appeal. I can help you too.
If you received a NYPD psych NOPD and would like to schedule a free consultation, please feel free to call me at 516 248 0040.
Facebook: Law_Office_of Kevin_P._Sheerin
nypd psychological disqualification appeal / nypd disqualification appeal lawyer / nypd psych appeal success rate / nypd psych disqualification reasons / nypd disqualification list / appealing nypd psychological / nypd nopd appeal success rate / nypd character disqualification