Apr 22

Can You Appeal an Administrative Law Judge’s Decision to Terminate Your Employment?

Tags: ,

So I frequently get asked the question:

Are there any options when you are terminated following an administrative hearing?

The answer is yes. There is a section in the New York State Civil Practice Law and Rules known as Article 78 which allows you to file a Notice of Petition, and Petition in the Supreme Court of the County concerned, and request that a judge review the determination of termination.

One of the very important differences under New York State Education Law 3020a is a teacher would have a 10 day Statue of Limitations which runs from the day you or your attorney receives the determination.

In either case, you would want to call me at 888-998-9984 to discuss your options.

Visit New York State CPLR Article 78. Click on Civil Service Law and then Article 78.

For teacher issues visit www.attorneyforteachers.com

If you have any questions or would like to schedule a free consultation at my Mineola office, please do not hesitate to call me at 516 248 0040.

Email me: kevin@sheerinlaw.com

Visit my website: www.sheerinlaw.com

Read my blog: civilservice.sheerinlaw.com

Facebook: Law_Office_of Kevin_P._Sheerin

Twitter: @DQLawyer

nypd psychological disqualification appeal / nypd disqualification appeal lawyer / nypd psych appeal success rate / nypd psych disqualification reasons / nypd disqualification list / appealing nypd psychological / nypd nopd appeal success rate / nypd character disqualification