If you receive a NYPD character, NYPD psychological or NYPD medical disqualification feel free to call me at 516 248-0040 to discuss your case.
Appealing a Character Disqualification from the NYPD
I frequently get calls asking what disqualifies a candidate from the NYPD. The NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) is the personnel office for New York City and they make the rules for applicants for NYC positions. On the DCAS website they list the following factors that may disqualify a candidate from the NYPD:
- Conviction of an offense which indicates lack of good moral character or disposition towards violence or disorder, or which is punishable by one or more years imprisonment.
- Repeated convictions of an offense which indicates disrespect for the law.
- Discharge from employment as a result of poor behavior or inability to adjust to discipline.
- *Dishonorable discharge from the United States Military.
- Conviction of an offense for Domestic Violence Misdemeanors.
- *A Felony conviction.
- Statutory Disqualification (disqualified by law).
- The DCAS website overview of the NYPD application process can be accessed by clicking on the following link: www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/careers/application_overview.shtml
A candidate that receives a disqualification from the NYPD or another law enforcement or civil service position can contact my office to see if an appeal would be appropriate.
I have been a civil service disqualification appeals attorney for more than 18 years. During that time I have helped many clients win their appeal. I can help you too.
If you have questions about your disqualification and would like to schedule a free consultation, please feel free to contact me at 516 248 0040.
Email me: email@example.com
Facebook: Law_Office_of Kevin_P._Sheerin
nypd psychological disqualification appeal / nypd disqualification appeal lawyer / nypd psych appeal success rate / nypd psych disqualification reasons / nypd disqualification list / appealing nypd psychological / nypd nopd appeal success rate / nypd character disqualification